NOTE: Based on the numbers and skill level the Hawks may decide to do additional teams.
Tryout Information will be posted soon
See Tryout Schedule on LI Rebels Website (www.lirebels.com)
1. Players who tryout for and not accepted on Rebel teams may tryout for Hawks teams without an added fee.
2. Players that only want to be considered for a Hawks team (and not Rebels) should only attend Hawks tryouts
NOTE: Any player from another travel organization MUST present an ORIGINAL signed release form. Based on the tryout numbers the Rebels / Hawks may add additional teams to the levels.
We strongly suggests the below team age categories be followed however it does not preclude, and we will not prevent, a player trying out for any within their classification.
Pre-paid discount ends seven days prior to first tryout, tryout fee will increase by $25
All players trying out will receive a Logo practice jersey.
No partial tryout fee's will be accepted. To obtain the tryout discount the application and fee must be mailed (postmarked 7 days prior to the first tryout) to:
DIX HILLS HAWKS
PO BOX 1041
HUNTINGTON, NY 11743
REQUEST FOR RELEASE
(Read Movement Rules and Required Forms Carefully) Failure to follow the instructions will result in a delay or not receiving the request release returned.
Current Hawk players requesting a release (click here to download release forms ) must send the completed "Player Release Form" along with a completed "Acknowledgement of Player Movement Rules Form" with a "STAMPED SELF ADDRESSED ENVELOPE" to:
Dix Hills Hawks
PO Box 1041
Huntington, NY 11743
1. Dix Hills Rink Staff can not issue or help you get a release. You must follow above process.
2. Releases can not be submitted or obtained in person, they must be mailed. Releases will not be left at rink office.
3. Releases can not be emailed or faxed. They must have an original signature and raised seal.
4. If all three (above listed) required items are not submitted the release will not be issued.
5. We normally complete and place back into the mail within two days however NYSAHA states teams have 10 days to return completed release.
6. The "Original" release must be brought to any tryout you attend including Rebels / Hawks.
The Dix Hills Hawks follow the above listed NYSAHA and LIAHL rules and will not violate or circumvent them, please do not ask.
Rebels / Hawks / Lady Islanders players wishing a release must fill out the online Release Request form. Requests will be processed and emailed providing all fees are paid in full; the individual has no outstanding balance with the team; the team has completed all play for the season including tournaments, games and practices; and team has no outstanding ice bill with the league. All qualified (see above) requested releases will issued 10 days prior to the NYSAHA tryout date or in limited cases 10 days after the qualified request. An original form is required and copies (fax included) are not acceptable.
NYSAHA Rule 7.A states:
"Players will be allowed to move from one team (association) to another team (association) at the conclusion of the State Tournament for 10 and under players and at the end of National Tournaments for players 11 and above.
At the conclusion of the respective tournament the player must obtain a release from the association that they are leaving showing they have no financial and/or equipment obligation.
When a player joins a new association and the association and player commit in writing, that commitment to participate is for the next complete season. Until the season ends (after respective tournament) no permission to move will be granted without extenuating circumstances. The request must be submitted to the respective Section Vice President who will MAKE THE DETERMINATION AND present it to the NYSAHA Board of Directors."
NOTE: Items Required to be mailed..........
1. Filled out Player Release Form
2. Filled out Acknowledgement of Player Movement Rules Form
3. Stamped Self Addressed Envelope
NOTE: If one of the above three items is not included in the mailing the request will not be processed.